January 14, 2011
Unified Group Services Celebrates 15 Years
February 1, 2011 marks the 15 Year Anniversary of business for Unified Group Services. From Unified’s humble beginnings in 1996, the company went from processing claims out of the sunroom of founder Rich Mousty’s home to providing service to 130 customers in more than 30 states with $300 million in health care claims a year. Staff has grown from the original two founders to over 100, making Unified the 17th largest employer in Anderson. The company believes that personal contact, in an industry that thrives on automated attendants, is the driving force behind their achievements. Unified likes to conduct modern business in an old fashioned way, with the personal touch of receptionists answering the phones and a dedicated account manager for each client. The unique capabilities of the company have enabled it continue to grow, and they are poised to extend their geographic reach.
Since its inception, Unified has been recognized with several awards. Rich strongly believes that each award and recognition is a special tribute to the employees’ dedication and the solid foundation on which the company was founded.
- 2009 Finalist Indiana State Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business of the Year in February 2009, November 2009, and again in November 2010.
- 2009 Company to Watch by the Indiana Economic Development Corporation, its Small Business Development Center network, Purdue University and the Edward Lowe Foundation.
- 2009 Top Place to Work in Central Indiana according to The Indianapolis Star.
- 2006-2008 4th Largest Indianapolis Area Employee Benefits Services Firm by the Indiana Business Journal.
- 2001-2004 Fastest Growing Indianapolis Area Private Company by Indiana Business Journal.
- 2001-2004 Growth 100 Company by the Indiana University Kelly School of Business.
- 2003 & 1999 TPA of the Year by Pacific Life.